1/1 Photo of Boneless Pork Chops With Sage Cream
This is a combination of altered, unrelated recipes that turned out wonderfully. The creamy sage sauce is the real star, and could be used with other meat preparations such as roast pork, veal or why not turkey? If you're a sage fan, this one's for you. Prep time doesn't include brining.
My Private Note
pork en ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork chop, 3/4-inch-1-inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, minced
- 10 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- 1Place trimmed pork chops in a large, shallow casserole.
- 2Combine the milk and salt and pour over the chops.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (maximum 4.) Turn once during the brining.
- 4Combine the green onions, sage, olive oil, white wine, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor.
- 5Process until it's as creamy as your machine will manage. Set aside.
- 6Combine the bread crumbs with a scant teaspoon of salt and plate.
- 7Drain chops one at a time, letting the milk drip off, then press each side in the bread crumbs.
- 8In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- 9Fry the chops MAXIMUM 3 minutes per side. Don't crowd the pan; you may have to do a second batch.
- 10Serve the pork on top of a generous handful of undressed baby spinach (looks great on wooden boards.).
- 11Either drizzle the sage cream over the meat and spinach with a spoon or serve each person a small ramekin portion on the plate.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boneless Pork Chops With Sage Cream
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.1
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 1081.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: