Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
Make and share this Boneless Pork Chops With Mushrooms and Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops, trimmed and pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Coat a big nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat.
- Add in the pork chops; cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to 2 serving plates; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Swirl the oil in the pan; add in shallot; cook, stirring, until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add in mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add in vermouth and cook 15 seconds.
- Stir in mustard, thyme, and any juices that have accumulated from the pork; cook until the sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chops and serve.
I had this recipe in my pork cookbook for a while and forgot about it I wish I had found it sooner. what a good recipe, We have pork a lot and it's so nice to have it done a bit different, I didn't have any fresh thyme so I used dried otherwise I stuck to the recipe and will I certainly make it often, a very nice recipe. Made for herb of the month. (thyme)
This was terrific! I was looking for a recipe to go with ingredients I had and bingo! ...well almost. I substituted dried reconstituted mushrooms for fresh, garlic for the shallot, added a squeeze of lemon and topped it with minced parsley & grated lemon rind. Served with steamed spinach and pasta with parma cheese. Thanks for tickling my creative juices, this is a keeper
Wonderful flavourful recipe! I will definately be making these again, they are delicious with a wonderful sauce. I too had no shallots so used green onion and had to use dried thyme; I look forward to making it again with fresh thyme. Also had no vermouth so subed with lime vodka, YUM! Served with potato and green beans, thanks for posting.