Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 lbs lamb
- olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Generously rub leg of lamb with olive oil.
- Season lamb with all the ingredients listed, making sure that they are evenly distributed.
- Place leg of lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake leg of lamb uncovered for 30 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 120 to 130 degrees at the thickest point.
The combination of herbs brings out the great flavor of lamb I had a small leg of lamb (just big enough for two) and used dried herbs rubbed them into the lamb well, it was delicious.Measurements for dried herbs for full recipe - apprx- 1/4 cup parsley, 1/3 tsp rosemary, 1/3 tsp thyme Served with stir fried Jeruselam Artichokes with onions, roasted potatoes and small side salad Thanks Dancer for another keeper
This was my first leg of lamb to ever cook. We cannot buy lamb where I live so have to bring it in. This recipe was fantastic and my dad said it was a keeper and when he says something is a keeper it really is. Was tender and juicy enough that I could eat it, even with my band. Thanks for a great recipe.
I had guests for Christmas dinner early and they wanted lamb, so lamb it was, and I sure am glad I chose this recipe! This roast made my dinner one of the best I have served in a long time! We would give it lots more stars if we could!!! Tender, juicy, most flavorful and perfectly cooked. Stupendous!!! Thanks Dancer!