1/3 Photos of Boneless Lamb Chops With Dilled Waxed Beans
1 hr 10 mins
Lamb chops pan fried or on a grill is one of my favorites. However, so is serving boneless lamb chops with herbs, a creamy rosemary sauce, topped with pimento peppers and then surrounded with dilled waxed beans. If you like lamb and want to try something uniquely different, then this dish you might want to consider trying. In fact “Go For It,” you will enjoy this delicious dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs shoulder lamb chops (or similar lamb chops)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil (or more)
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs (2 tablespoons needles plus 1 whole sprig)
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (substitute Worcestershire sauce)
- 14 1/2 ounces waxed beans (substitute fresh waxed beans)
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill (wash to remove sand)
- 1 tablespoon butter (substitute margarine)
- 1/4 cup stock (chicken, vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon harveys bristol cream
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1/2 tablespoon flour (substitute cornstarch & water or stock mixture)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento (from a jar)
- 2Debone the lamb chops by removing excess fat & bone and cut up the meat into bite size pieces, Then take a meat hammer and pound to tenderize and flatten each piece, Place the pieces of lamb in a big bowl and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil, rosemary needles, a pinch of salt, garlic, ginger, turn to mix ingredients, set aside.
- 3Drain a can of waxed beans, put in a bowl then add fresh chopped dill, salt to taste, set aside.
- 4(Or if using fresh waxed beans, remove stems and cut into small pieces, then boil in a little salted water until al dente, drain and set aside).
- 5Cooking Instructions.
- 7In a large skillet pan add the bowl of lamb meat and stir-fry, turning as you go (add a little peanut/ olive/vegetable oil as needed).
- 8After about 2 minutes, add the soy sauce and continue to stir-fry 3 or more minutes longer, try to cook the meat a little longer in order to get the pieces a little on the crispy side (however, soft is also good).
- 9Remove meat from the stove top and set aside.
- 10WAXED BEANS-.
- 11In a pot add the waxed beans and ½ tablespoons butter, stir to heat quickly (don’t overcook) and then drain.
- 12Place the waxed beans on a big serving platter (or big plate) and in a circle around the inside rim of the platter.
- 13Next place the meat in the center of the serving platter.
- 14ROSEMARY SAUCE-.
- 15In a non-stick pan add the stock, 1 tablespoons Harveys Bristol Cream, 1 rosemary sprig, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, next remove the rosemary spring and discard.
- 16Add the crème fraiche, ½ tablespoons butter and cook under low heat, when reduced a little add.
- 17½ tablespoon flour and whisk to a nice thick consistence and no lumps.
- 18Pour the Rosemary Sauce over the lamb meat.
- 19FINISH THE DISH-.
- 20Finish by topping off with chopped pimento peppers.
- 21Serve and Enjoy!
- 24Instead of de-boning the lamb chops, they can be cooked in a frying pan or on a charcoal grill as you like.
- 25Mint leaves can also be added to taste.
- 26This dish was created especially for the Ready Set Cook #14 contest… and a fusion dish from various cuisines; Ireland, Australia/New Zealand, Middle East….
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boneless Lamb Chops With Dilled Waxed Beans
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.2
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.6 mg
- Sodium 814.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: