Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From R. Reisman.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup diced pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- Dust the chicken with flour. In a hot large nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, sauté the chicken until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, respray with vegetable spray and add the oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, cumin, paprika and cinnamon. Sauté the onion mixture for 8 minutes or just until tender and lightly browned.
- Add the stock, lemon juice, olives, capers, salt, pepper and chicken. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or just until the chicken is no longer pink. Turn the chicken halfway through cooking time.
- Pour onto a serving platter. Garnish with cilantro.
Excellent dish. Everyone loved it. I didn't have the capers and only put in half the lemon juice. Served it over white rice and Wow!
My husband fell inlove with this dish. I used dried ginger and I didnt have capers or green olives, but wow, this was fantastic. We had it over whole wheat angel hair noodles.
I'm giving this four stars because my very picky 4 year old cleaned his plate and asked for seconds... which shocked me! DH and I liked it, but we found the cinnamon a little strong. It also had a slightly bitter flavor with the capers and lemon. (I've had this happen before using fresh lemon and capers, so I added a scant teaspoon of brown sugar to mellow it out a bit.) We'll make this again, and tweak a couple things to get it just right for our family - thanks for posting!