- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup diced pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Dust the chicken with flour. In a hot large nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, sauté the chicken until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, respray with vegetable spray and add the oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, cumin, paprika and cinnamon. Sauté the onion mixture for 8 minutes or just until tender and lightly browned.
- Add the stock, lemon juice, olives, capers, salt, pepper and chicken. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or just until the chicken is no longer pink. Turn the chicken halfway through cooking time.
- Pour onto a serving platter. Garnish with cilantro.