Recipe by jean1
This dish is quick, can be made the night before, and comes out great every time. The stuffing gives it a nice crunchy taste.
Top Review by Cynthia Kocsis-Anzalone
I have been making this recipe for years but the way I do it slightly different. I brown my chicken breasts first and add them to the baking dish. I then add a slice of swiss cheese on each breast. I then mix one can of chicken soup with one can of white wine in a bowl and then pour over the chicken. I then place the dry stuffing over the chicken and pack it down some. I place tin foil over the dish so the croutons gets the moisture from the soup mixture. I cook the dish 45 minutes. I remove the tin foil, put back in the oven so the croutons will brown up some. Its crunchy, creamy and so delish.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 1/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces water
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix (I use StoveTop)
- Mix cream of chicken soup with water.
- Pour into 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Lay chicken breasts on top.
- Add a slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast.
- Pour the dry stuffing mix over the top, covering it completely.
- Bake covered at 350F for 1-1/2 hours.