Recipe by Polar Bear
Fast, easy, Italian comfort food ! Tastes like restaurant cooked food. From the Nitty Gritty Italian Cookbook
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup canned beef gravy
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a medium-size skillet over medium heat to saute the mushrooms in the 3 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with lemon juice, season lightly with salt and pepper, and rub gently into the chicken.
- Heat the 5 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- Quickly turn the chicken in the butter to completely coat the pieces.
- Cover the skillet and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 6-8 minutes.
- The chicken should feel slightly springy when you press it with a finger.
- Place the breasts on 6 warmed dinner plates.
- Add the beef gravy to the skillet and bring almost to a boil.
- Add the cream and cook at the same high heat until the sauce begins to thicken, then add the mushrooms.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon some sauce over each chicken breast.