Recipe by Anje
I got this recipe from Graceland's Table, a cookbook with Elvis-inspired recipes. This particular recipe is from Elvis' Kitchen - The King actually ate this! The chicken is delicious when fried in butter and gets a lovely crust on the outside...Tastes like the South!
Top Review by zoeync
I made the boneless chicken today, and my family really enjoyed it. I think that the butter made it taste much better. I will make this recipe again this weekend when my sister and her family come to visit. Thank you for posting this recipe. Gave it 5 stars.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, pepper, and seasoning salt in a bowl. If you like a thicker batter or if you have more chicken, add a little more than is called for.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat both sides of the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- Fry the chicken breasts in the skillet until they are cooked through and browned on both sides. You can tell when they're getting crispy by the dark brown colour the batter takes on. This takes about 7 minutes per side for one breast.
- Drain chicken on paper towels if desired. It helps suck up some of the grease from frying.
- *Note* Cooking time is based on 7 minutes per side, times four breasts.