Recipe by weekend cooker
Low fat and sodium, dinner and vegetables in one meal.
Top Review by IngridH
Yummy! I love buffalo wings, but really dislike fighting with the bones. This is a wonderful version, with the combination of the marinade and the final drizzle really giving these a kick of both heat and vinegar. I didn't do the veggies and dressing, as I was just too lazy, but a side of bleu cheese dressing would just be perfect with these. A definite make again, either as an appetizer, or as the main event in a lunch box. I just loved these- thanks so much for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, divided
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups peeled carrot sticks
- 2 cups celery ribs
- 1 cup ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk buttermilk,2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce,and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a bowl until combined.
- Add chicken, toss to coat, and transfer to refridgerater and marinate 15 minutes to 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour and cornmeal in a shallow dish, whisk the remaining hot sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and roll in flour mixture mixture until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with cayenne pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in non stick skillet over medium-high heat .
- Add half of the chicken placing each in a little oil.
- Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil, and chicken.
- Drizzle chicken with reserved hot sauce mixture.
- Serve with carrots, celery, and blue cheese dip.