Recipe by Verelucky
A yummy calzone. I make this up after getting tired of paying for one at my local pizza store! This can be made lighter by not breading the chicken.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup egg wash, your preference
- 18 ounces pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I use a blend of mozzarella and cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to med heat in frying pan.
- Dip chicken pieces into milk or egg wash, then coat in bread crumbs.
- Fry them in pan, turning occasionally for approximately 5 minutes or until done (when juices are clear).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Roll out pizza dough to size of a pizza pan.
- Place chicken on one side of dough.
- Sprinkle hot sauce over chicken.
- Cover with cheese and add more hot sauce if desired.
- Fold other half of pizza dough over chicken.
- Press down at edges to seal.
- If desired, top pizza dough with some extra cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 25-30 minutes or until pizza dough is browned.
- Cut into pizza shaped wedges, serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.