1/2 Photos of Boneless Breast of Chicken Saltimbocca
1 hr 5 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
My Mom found this recipe in a Benson and Hedges cookbook, around 20 years ago. It's a little work but, believe me, it's worth it. I always requested her to make this dish on my birthday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/3 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup clarified butter
- 12 slices prosciutto ham, thin
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, in 6 slices each also cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Dip chicken in flour; brown in butter.
- 2Arrange in a butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 3Top each with 1 slice prosciutto ham and 1/2 slice cheese.
- 4Cook shallots and garlic until soft; add mushrooms, wine, broth and herbs.
- 5Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
- 6Stir into hot mixture 1 T flour and a small amount of sherry.
- 7Stir in remaining sherry and cream; season with salt and pepper.
- 8Pour sauce over chicken.
- 9Bake in a 375° oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boneless Breast of Chicken Saltimbocca
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 227.0 mg
- Sodium 572.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 61.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: