Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I must have tried ever Bang Bang Shrimp recipe posted on the internet, including the one posted here at Recipe Zar, most are pretty good but they all are not exact copycats, finally in 2010 I found this recipe which is so close that no body can tell the difference. It is extensively tested several times in the kitchen.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon spicy shrimp sauce (I bought Dinni's Select brand on the web)
- Soak shrimp in bowl with milk.
- In a bowl put panko bread crumbs and another bowl put corn starch. Dredge the shrimp in the corn starch, then again in the milk and finally in the panko bread crumbs & set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to 300 degrees F. Drop shrimp in and fry until golden brown. Remove from oil. Drain fried shrimp on paper towels.
- In a large bowl combine fried shrimp with sauce until evenly coated. Pile on a bed of shredded cabbage and garnish with scallions.
Thanks for the post. I had been hunting for a exact recipe of Bonefish Bang Bang Shrimp. This is it.
Dead center on target.
Even professionals like me can not figure out ingredients in another chef's recipes. I had been trying every possible recipe but nothing came close to Bonefish.
Hi I read all 3 recipes here and did one batch of shrimp by dipping in egg and into panko, frying it in peanut oil and then tossed in the Dinni sauce, sprinkled with scallions and it was exactly as they serve at the restaurant. AND then we did another batch just dredging in just cornstarch frying in peanut oil, tossed in the sauce, scallions, again it was perfect. That sauce is KEY! Perfect perfect recipes. I did not soak the shrimp in milk. We were totally surprised at how good this is and how close it is to the restaurant. Thanks for your rendition it helped a lot!