Recipe by diner524
A rich, classic sauce for fish and poultry. I found this recipe at their online site. I love their lemon butter sauce.
Top Review by Marie
Made rainbow trout for hubby and scallops for me and topped both of them with this wonderful smooth sauce. I too used just 1/4 cup of butter and because of that it was a little too lemony for my taste, so next time I will decrease the lemon juice to 2 tablespoons. I used 2 large cloves of garlic which I will increase to 3 as I thought the shallot overpowered the sauce a little. I did strain it and wow, it is so good! Thank you ever so much for posting this gem! Going right into my "WOW" cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine (preferably Chablis)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, cold
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first 4 ingredients, into a sauce pan and simmer over medium high heat until the volume is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low.
- Now slowly begin adding the pieces of cold butter (in ¼ inch squares), whisking continuously after each addition to maintain a smooth consistency.
- Add salt and strain sauce into a small pan to remove any solids. Sauce should be creamy and smooth. Serve immediately.