Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I find myself opening the jar just to have a whiff of this every time I go past the spice cupboard! The recipe is from a cookbook by Ted Reader. It is excellent on all kinds of meat.
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dry hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a jar until ready to use.
- Rub on chicken, beef, or pork before barbequeing.
Update: I like to cut this recipe down to 1 cup or 1/2 cup portions. This rub is a good all purpose rub. If you like the heat, give it more cayenne...it is all a personal preference! I have been making this blend up for years and would recommend it. Use in large amounts or just sprinkle it on, it will jazz up any cut of meat. Excellent on ribs with my homemade bbq sauce!
Love this! I made a half batch to start, & used it on everything, pork, beef, chicken. We just started smoking & this is our go to rub, great BBQ flavor, nice mix.
I use this on everything from pork tenderloin to roasted veg, especially on the grill. Just made a new batch, and have been making the recipe for years! Adjust it the way you like,.make a half recipe first to try.