I find myself opening the jar just to have a whiff of this every time I go past the spice cupboard! The recipe is from a cookbook by Ted Reader. It is excellent on all kinds of meat.
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dry hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a jar until ready to use.
- Rub on chicken, beef, or pork before barbequeing.