Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Fresh ingredient bean dip, great for gatherings you want to impress at! This recipe is not originally mine, I forget where I found it.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- green onion top (optional)
- tortillas or corn chips
- lime wedge
- 4 avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely mashed
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (6 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- In bowl combine beans and cayenne. In one half of bottom of 2-quart rectangular baking dish spread bean mixture in even layer. Spoon Lime Guacamole in other half, spreading evenly. Sprinkle both with cojita cheese. Spread sour cream over all. Cover; chill for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle tomatoes, well-drained olives, and onions over sour cream. Sprinkle cheese over tomatoes. Sprinkle onion tops. Pass lime wedges.
- Lime Guacamole
- In bowl combine avocados, tomato, onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime peel, lime juice, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.