Recipe by Buster's friend
Adapted from "Cooking Up a Storm," by Marcelle Bienvenu and Judy Walker. If you want to make a Cuban version of this drink, substitute dark rum for the brandy or Bourbon. Found in the Tribune's Food & Drink Weekly Guide.
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups brandy (or Bourbon)
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- nutmeg, ground, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the half-and-half, brandy, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved; cover.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve in small crystal cups or stemmed glasses, topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Or pour into a small punch bowl, float whipped cream on top and sprinkle with nutmeg.