- 1 -2 lb stewing beef
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown stew meat on stove then transfer to slow cooker salt and pepper the meat (turn on low).
- Meanwhile sautee onions and eggplant in some oil till the onions are transparent.
- Transfer onions and eggplant to meat along with the tomatoes and spices. Stir well and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, till meat is tender and vegetables are cooked down. May need to add more salt and pepper according to your tastes. You can also add a little curry powder if you want a little spice.
- serve over cooked rice.