Recipe by karen in tbay
This recipe was given to me by hockey Mom Linda a few years back. Her collection of easy comfort foods are always a success with my family.
Top Review by Chef Leslie in Thunder Bay
These are really good, but I used to work at a couple of the chinese restaurants here in Thunder Bay, so instead of the bread crumbs and flour, they use Cracker Meal that you can purchase at the oriental food store on Cumberland st.
- 6 lbs spareribs, chopped 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chinese allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon msg (Accent)
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 cup flour (I use 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (I use 1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spareribs, allspice, salt, eggs, MSG and soya sauce together.
- Marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Mix together flour and crumbs.
- Put ribs into flour mixture and mix until well covered.
- Deep fry 2 or 3 minutes if freezing OR 4 to 5 minutes if eating right away.