Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Deep fried pork ribs.
- 10 lbs pork ribs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons five-spice powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon msg
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 3⁄4 cup white breadcrumb
- Cut short style pork ribs between bones into pieces.
- Mix 1 tablespoon five-spice powder, sugar, salt, msg, water, and potato starch.
- Let stand in refrigerator for 5 hours.
- Add 2 eggs; mix.
- Dip in more potato starch then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in older oil 375 degrees Fahrenheit (as told) until dark spots of blood seep out of bones or until golden.
- Dry on paper towels.
- Spritz with lemon juice.
- This was given to me by a cook who only makes 10 pounds at a time so adjust as needed.
I grew up in Thunder Bay and my mom use to make this on a reg bases..tonite i misplaced my personal cook book, so i thought i would brows online to see if i could find this recipe. As i started reading through this recipe i realized it was almost identical to what i have. But over the years my mom switched out the ribs for pork tenderloin...MMM..i love it so much, you dont have to bother with the piece of bone. I now make this recipe time to time and my kids love it too. As my mother did with me, my kids have the job of coating each piece of pork lol
so anyways, thank you for posting this recipe. My pork is now marinating for a wonderful family day meal tomorrow :)