Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not technically bonbons, but pretty close. An easy-peasy no-bake delight! From "Crazy Plates". Does not include cooling time.
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine (try to use non-hydrogenated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, milk and margarine.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Add rolled oats and coconut, mix well.
- Drop by tablepoonfuls onto cookie sheet (lined with wax paper) and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Store in airtight container (fridge or room temp).
Ihave made these many times from the cookbook. Yummy and easy. :)
This is a nice treat that goes very well in my house. I use a whole tsp. of vanilla essence and 1/2 cup of margarine. We always have these around:-)