Chef #DBLEE's Note:
Great summer salad serves at a bbq.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 quarts chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup kikkoman thai style chili sauce
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup reserved chicken broth
- 1 lb rice sticks (noodles)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup green onion, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1In large pot; add broth to cover. Over high heat, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 2Cool chicken in broth. Remove chicken from broth; strain and reserve broth. Remove and discard skin and shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- 3In saucepan over medium heat, heat oil with garlic and ginger just until it sizzles.
- 4Remove from heat; whisk in tahini, chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Slowly whisk in broth until sauce has a thin, creamy consistency.
- 5Soak noodles in hot water about 5 minutes or until soft; drain. Cook noodles in boiling water about 3 minutes or until transparent; drain and cool in cold water. Drain well; toss with oil.
- 6Place 3/4 cup noodles in center of bowl or plate. Toss 1/2 cup chicken with 2 tablespoons sauce; mound on top of noodles. Arrange 1/4 cup cucumbers on one side of noodles and 1/4 cup green onions on opposite side. Sprinkle plate with 1 teaspoon sesame seed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bon Bon Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (995 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.0
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 3376.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 38.9 g