Recipe by Shabby Sign Shoppe
From Jul 07 Bon Appetit magazine. It is great! (Modified a bit from original recipe)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, chilled cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar and salt in Kitchenaide mixer.
- Add butter and shortening.
- Mix until it resembless coarse meal.
- Add water and mix until dough begins to clump together.
- Add more water if necessary if you find it too dry
- Remove dough from mixer.
- Divide dough in half.
- Flatten each half and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refridgerate at least one hour and up to 3 days.