Recipe by cervantesbrandi
Bombero means fireman in spanish. You will need a fireman to put out the fire in your mouth after you eat this! This sauce is delicious on tacos, to smother burritos or anything that needs a little kick!
Top Review by jonirogers
Really spicy, but it doesn't last too long so it's enjoyable (if you really like hot stuff). We put it on chicken tacos. I did add a couple ingredients (garlic, white vinegar) to add some tang. Otherwise I followed the recipe as printed. I'm saving the leftovers in the fridge for the next time I want something spicy!
- 1 cup arbol chile (stems removed)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 2 chipotle chiles (packed in adobo)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all of the ingredients except for the oil in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Pour the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 5 minutes or when all of the chiles are completely pureed.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in the sauce pan you were using. Pour the chile back into the sauce pan and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.