Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Bombero means fireman in spanish. You will need a fireman to put out the fire in your mouth after you eat this! This sauce is delicious on tacos, to smother burritos or anything that needs a little kick!
- 1 cup arbol chile (stems removed)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 2 chipotle chiles (packed in adobo)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place all of the ingredients except for the oil in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Pour the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 5 minutes or when all of the chiles are completely pureed.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in the sauce pan you were using. Pour the chile back into the sauce pan and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
Really spicy, but it doesn't last too long so it's enjoyable (if you really like hot stuff). We put it on chicken tacos. I did add a couple ingredients (garlic, white vinegar) to add some tang. Otherwise I followed the recipe as printed. I'm saving the leftovers in the fridge for the next time I want something spicy!