- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red chili peppers or 1⁄2 green chili pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Heat the ghee or butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and when hot add the mushrooms, scallions, chili, and ginger root.
- Saute, tossing often, until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato, turmeric, and cumin, and cook 3 minutes more, or until the tomato is heated through and tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly with a spatula, until the eggs are set yet still very creamy; do not let them dry out.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
- Serve some naan or chapatis and a fruit salad, and there you have it!