Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the web
Make and share this Bombay Spiced Chickpeas & Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 400 g chickpeas
- 1 lemon (Juice of)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 75 ml water (3 fl oz)
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the Medium Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
Excellent flavor and easy and inexpensive to make. This makes a great healthy lunch that still will fill you up. You can really change it up by using any variety of curry powder you're in the mood for. Thanx for sharing!