Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great little Indian flavored snack from Chatelaine Food Express Quickies. Store the nuts in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 9.85 ml curry
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 473.18 ml roasted salted cashews
- Stir first 6 ingredients together in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- When butter mixture bubbly, add cashews and stir until hot and coated, (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
I scaled down the recipe, used raw cashews and just cooked them longer to roast them. Lovely flavorful spices! Thanks! Made for India for ZWT#8 2012 by a Herbaceous Curvaceous Honey.
These were good, if a little strong for my taste. I have never really experienced curry and I think that I would reduce the curry by half, as I found it just a tad overwhelming. I rubbed some of the seasoning off, and was able to enjoy them more. I'm glad I tried these cashews, and DH has been eating away at them also! Thanks for sharing, Dreamer in Ontario.
Made a beatiful and delicious appetizer for my Indian mini party.
It's really very easy and the flavor wonderful (take a good curry mix!).
Will make again!