Recipe by Annacia
Dinner rolls work well as buns for these mini burgers. Allow three burgers per person and top with tomato, red onion, and cucumber slices. These are great on the BBQ if you have something to keep them from falling through the grill bars.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 6 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot chili powder or 3⁄4 teaspoon hungarian hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 small dinner rolls, cut horizontally in half, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the mayonnaise and yogurt together.
- Mix 3/4 cup of the mayonnaise and yogurt mix, 2 1/4 teaspoons curry powder, and next 3 ingredients in small bowl for sauce.
- Let stand at room temperature while preparing sliders.
- Place turkey or chicken, next 6 ingredients, remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise mix , and 4 teaspoons curry powder in large bowl.
- Mix with fork or hands just until blended (do not overmix).
- Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Using wet hands, form each portion into patty about 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat broiler or heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. If broiling patties, brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil and arrange patties on sheet.
- Broil (or cover patties in skillet and cook in batches) until cooked through, pressing patties down lightly with spatula before turning over, about 3 minutes per side (or 4 minutes per side if cooking in skillet).
- Place patties on bottom halves of rolls.
- Top each patty with sauce.
- Cover with roll tops.
- Place 3 sliders on each of 4 plates and serve.