Recipe by Cook 8
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Sold on the streets of Bombay this tasty sandwich is a nice change from the standard fair. Cut the crust off of your bread to quickly dress up this simple dish. Great for an appetizer, tea sandwich, or lunch.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices
- 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 tablespoons green chutney or 2 tablespoons bombay sandwich chutney
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 450. Toss the Simply Potato Slices with the olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until done. Top 1 slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese. Spread 1 tablespoon of green chutney (mint or coriander green chutney is fine) on top of the cheese (if the chutney is spread directly on the bread, the bread will become soggy). Top chutney with ¼ cup of the cooked potatoes. Place the top slice of bread on top of the potatoes. Cut in half and enjoy.