Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a recipee from Jamie Oliver, I could not find a decent recipe on here so I found this one and its very tasty
- 6 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 knobs butter
- green beans
- fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Peel and wash the potatoes then boil in water till they are cooked but still firm (usually this takes around 12-16 minutes)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the spices for a few minutes.
- Add the butter, then the potatoes and green beans, making sure they are completely coated in the spicy mixture.
- Cook for about 10-15 mins, then stir in the coriander.
These were so good, differant with all the spices and the prep but really good, I did make one small change as didn't have green beans so used half of one large onion chopped that I added with the potatoes and it was wonderful. I think I pre-cooked my potatoes a little to much as the majority were almost mashed when it was done but that was OK and didn't change the wonderful flavor at all, this is a real winner and would be great as a side even for company. Made for PAC Fall 2011