Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
by Antony Worrall Thompson from Saturday Kitchen
Make and share this Bombay Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 inches gingerroot, grated
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, and cut into smallish cubes
- 12 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat a wok until hot and add the oil.
- Add all the spices and the ginger and stir-fry for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the spices.
- Add the stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and coriander.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.