Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
This makes the perfect accompaniment to any curry - vegetarian or meat based. They are very easy to make and the fresh flavors are so much better when you cook it yourself. Give it a go. Recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver. Serves 6-8.
Top Review by o_ieva
Just made it, eating it now, and it's so delicious I had to created an account just to thank you! So, thank you! lol. I used half the butter and will probably use even less of it next time. But tastes great!
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 potatoes, peeled, parboiled and cut into smallish cubes
- 4 tomatoes, cores removed and flesh diced
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped