Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes the perfect accompaniment to any curry - vegetarian or meat based. They are very easy to make and the fresh flavors are so much better when you cook it yourself. Give it a go. Recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver. Serves 6-8.
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 potatoes, peeled, parboiled and cut into smallish cubes
- 4 tomatoes, cores removed and flesh diced
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the spices for a few minutes.
- Add the butter, then the potatoes making sure they are completely coated in the spicy mixture.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and the coriander.
Just made it, eating it now, and it's so delicious I had to created an account just to thank you! So, thank you! lol. I used half the butter and will probably use even less of it next time. But tastes great!
tried this recipe out on my son and im afraid no ome got a look in after he started he realy enjoyed them and wants me to make a lot more next time.
This was really good and quite decadent-from all the butter, I'm sure. Made the recipe as written. The potates were not swimming in butter. They were able to soak it all up making them soft and oh so rich. I loved all of the flavors in this. I will be making this again.