Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Popcorn like in Bombay!
Make and share this Bombay Popcorn recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups popped popcorn, warm
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder or 2 teaspoons hot curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut, golden raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Microwave butter 20 seconds or until melted; stir in curry powder until well blended.
- Drizzle seasoned butter over popcorn and stir to distribute.
- Sprinkle with salt, sugar and optional ingredients; stir gently until blended.
DH LOVED this!! I threw in the sliced almonds and he pretty much ate the entire batch!! Spicy with a hint of salty and sweet - perfection!! His taste buds will be thanking you for years to come!! Thanks LittleMafia!! Made for Veg*n Swap 26!!
This was great the curry really makes it taste good!!!
This is great! We really enjoyed the addition of curry to the popcorn. I did not use the optional ingredients this time, but I am intrigued to try them next time... I am thinking coconut first, yum! Thanks for sharing!