Flat bread made without yeast in a frying pan. This can be prepared ahead and frozen and kept for 2 months. Reheat in warm oven. June/07-I just made this for my family, it was heavier and more dense than what we are used to from Naan in restaurants. I liked it, DH thought it was OK and so did my older son BUT my youngest, picky-picky, really didn't like it.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Stir in enough yogurt so dough is soft but not too sticky. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and roll to a thickness of 1/8-inch.
- Using 5-6 inch bowl, cut rounds. Reroll scraps if necessary.
- Oil heavy large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add dough rounds in batches (don't crowd pan).
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning often; 8-10 minutes.