Recipe by morgainegeiser
Take an ordinary package of green beans and turns it into an easy, elegant, side dish.
Top Review by Mom2Rose
Aussie Swap #67: Refreshing way to liven up frozen green beans! We liked it so much that we tested it a second time with canned green beans and enjoyed it that way as well! Thank you for a tasty recipe!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans, French style green beans
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes, chopped and drained (save liquid)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle with cumin. Cook and stir, 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet along with reserved tomato liquid. Cook and stir, until mixture is thick and bubbly. Then add tomatoes and green beans.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.