Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Take an ordinary package of green beans and turns it into an easy, elegant, side dish.
Make and share this Bombay Green Beans and Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle with cumin. Cook and stir, 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet along with reserved tomato liquid. Cook and stir, until mixture is thick and bubbly. Then add tomatoes and green beans.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Aussie Swap #67: Refreshing way to liven up frozen green beans! We liked it so much that we tested it a second time with canned green beans and enjoyed it that way as well! Thank you for a tasty recipe!