Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy to make, tangy curry. Vary the amount of chillies to your taste, as mine gives a mildly spicy outcome. You can substitute the oil with a mixture of oil and ghee/butter for a richer curry. Enjoy!!
- 3 medium boiled potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup soya wadis (optional)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 -5 cloves
- 4 -5 cardamom pods
- 2 dried red chilies
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- Soak the soya wadis (if using) in a cup of hot water for about five minutes, squeeze dry and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice the the potatoes into big chunks and chop the onion and tomatoes roughly.
- Place onion, tomatoes, garlic and all spices in a blender. Blend till smooth.
- Heat oil in pan and add ground paste.
- Dry the paste until oil comes out and the reddish paste turns deep red- brown in colour.
- Add the potatoes and soya wadis (if using), reserving a couple of pieces of potato if the paste is a little watery. cover partially.
- After the curry cooks for about five minutes, mash reserved potatoes thoroughly and add to thicken the gravy if necessary.
- Remove from fire and garnish with a swirl of cream and the coriander leaves.