Sounds different and delicious! Have had this recipe in my collection for some time, but have not yet tried it!
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Brush all surfaces of pork chops with vegetable oil. Combine seasonings and rub evenly over chops. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat cumin seeds over high heat, stirring frequently and watching carefully, just until seeds are toasted. Remove seeds to a medium bowl and crush with the back of a spoon. Stir in remaining raita ingredients, cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Grill chops over medium heat, lid closed, for 8 minutes. Turn chops and grill 7 minutes longer. Serve with corn and cumin raita.