Recipe by Sarah
Found this in an old cookbook I borrowed from a friend Around the world in 180 ways. Simply delicious, great for those who aren't too keen on chilli powder, as you can add as much or as little as you like!
Top Review by Jewelies
This is excellent, we really enjoyed it. I didn't have fresh green chillies so used jar red chillies. Used about 1 1/2 teaspoons of chilli powder which was hot enough for us and we like hot curries. As the mix was simmering at step 3, I did keep a bit of an eye on it and probably added about a 1/2 cup of water so it wouldn't dry out to much. Also used the entire tin of coconut cream. Thanks for a winner Sarah!
- 450 g chicken, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium high heat and use a little oil, or cooking spray to brown chicken. Remove from pan.
- In same pan cook onions until soft, add garlic, chillies, ginger and spices for 11 minute, or until fragrant.
- Return chicken to pan and stir to coat well in mixture. Add tomatoes and simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in coconut cream until heated through.