Recipe by bmcnichol
This is one of our favorite ways to cook chicken. Adapted from Light and Tasty.
Top Review by noway
This made a quick and easy weeknight meal, I used a George Foreman grill. I think I will up all of the spices a little next time, especially the ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom. I could hardly taste those because the cayenne, chili powder, and paprika masked them. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 -5 lbs skinless chicken thighs, and legs bone-in, skin removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Add the chicken and seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Rub grill rack with oil or coat with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn and grill 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.