Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Deliciously complex tasting, but simple to make. Heavenly over basmati rice.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, divided
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken about 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving butter.
- Add onion, garlic, and remaining butter and cook about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; add spices, tomatoes, broth, and wine. Cook 15 minutes more.
- Add cashews and coconut. Cover and cook on low till done.
- Mix cream and cornstarch together; stir slowly into chicken mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes or till thickened.
With just a few minor amount adjustments and subbing the tomatoes with diced canned tomatoes, this made a wonderful weekend brunch, we really enjoyed the flavor combinations in the chicken recipe, the only change I would make next time is to cut the cornstarch back by 1 tablespoon, we loved this, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
this was great. I actually thought it could have used a little bit more spice. Which is weird for a northerner. But it was great and easy.