Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is taken from a cookbook published by the Canadian Women's Club of Barbados. I have increased the curry powder by 1/2 tsp. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 lb white cheddar cheese, sharp & grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons currants
- Combine the cheese & curry powder in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Shape the mixture into a disc, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate until firm. This should take about 1 1/2 hours or so.
- Remove the cheese disc from refrigerator, unwrap, and place on a plate.
- Spread the chutney over the top, then sprinkle with the green onions and the nuts. Place the currants on top.
- Serve with pear wedges & crackers.
I have this recipe also. I was given it when I lived in Barbados 1993-2000.
This is a fantastic appetizer. The flavors are sweet and savory. Every one raves over this recipe!!!