1/6 Photos of Bombay Black-Eyed Peas
1 hr 5 mins
One of our adventures was to attend cooking classes, held by and Indian lady in her own kitchen. There would be 6 participants, and she handed out the recipes for the meal, for which we each chose one to prepare, with her assistance. After about an hour, all the chaos came together, and we had a lovely meal. Her DH cleaned up EVERYTHING !! They are a tad spicy -- so don't assume you can eat a portion the size of baked beans. Doubles easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 lb) cans black-eyed peas
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1Mix ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in heavy frying pan.
- 3When hot, put in onions and saute until golden brown.
- 4Add garlic and cook for few seconds.
- 5Add scallions and saute for 3 minutes.
- 6Add ginger and green pepper, and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- 7Add sauce, mix well, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Add peas, mix well in sauce.
- 9Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bombay Black-Eyed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1110.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g