Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
It may not be authentic Indian, but it is delicious
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 500 g of diced lean beef
- 3 tablespoons of small pickled onions
- 250 g champignon mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of massala curry powder
- 2 large chili peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 200 ml beef stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil and fry sliced onions and garlic for about 3 minutes. Add diced beef, fry for about 5 minutes and add stock.
- Add champignons, coconut milk, heat until boiling and add curry powder. Stir well, until curry powder dissolved.
- Add fish sauce to taste, salt and black pepper to taste. Add sliced chili pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 2,5 hours until beef is tender, add pickled onions.
- Serve with Naan, dried fried onions, white rice and Mango Chutney.