1/1 Photo of Bombay Beans And Chicken
You could even grill this chicken on the outdoor grill rather than broiling it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped plus sprigs for garnish
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 pint sour cream or 1/2 pint plain yogurt
- 1Heat 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil in large frying pan.
- 2Stir in chopped garlic, cumin and onions.
- 3Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 4Stir in kidney beans and diced tomatoes.
- 5Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Stir in chopped cilantro.
- 8Keep warm.
- 9Brush chicken breasts with remaining 2 Tbsp oil, sprinkle with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- 10Grill under broiler, turning occasionally, until no longer pink inside (about 20 minutes).
- 11Slice chicken breasts and serve over rice, topped with kidney bean-tomato mixture.
- 12Add dollop of sour cream on each serving.
- 13Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bombay Beans And Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 824.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 42.1 g