Recipe by Nif
A few simple spices turn chicken from ordinary to exotic. This recipe is from a 2001 issue of Chatelaine, a Canadian magazine. Enjoy!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I made this exactly as posted, except I used thin-sliced chicken breasts, which don't take long to cook on the grill at all. I actually ended up marinating the chicken overnight, using a hot curry powder. The chicken was moist and full of flavor. This is so easy to put together. I will be making this again!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (hot or medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium.
- In a small bowl, stir oil with curry and garlic powders, ginger, salt and pepper. Using a brush or your fingers, spread spice mixture on both sides of chicken.
- Barbecue chicken with lid down until chicken feels springy when pressed, from 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve with rice and raita (see recipe ##482134).