Recipe by gailanng
From the cookbook One Big Table: 600 Recipes from the Nation's Best Home Cooks, Farmers, Fishermen, Pit-Masters and Chefs.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs nantucket bay scallops or 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (divided)
- 1 grapefruit, zest of, juice and grated
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat the scallops very dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a medium nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over high heat until beginning to brown. Add the scallops without crowding and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until they form a rich golden brown crust. Transfer the scallops to four individual plates.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grapefruit juice, scraping up any residue from the bottom of the pan. Return the pan to medium heat and whisk in the remaining butter, a few pieces at a time. Stir in the zest and the capers, pour the sauce over the scallops and serve.