Recipe by ctbolton
A seriously great recipe from Guy Fieri. The salt seeps in thru the skin of the potatoes and gives the skin a great strong flavor. May be a bit salty for some folks, but very tasty
- 1 1⁄4 cups kosher salt
- 6 medium russet potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl dissolve 1 cup kosher salt in 8 cups of water. Add potatoes. Insure that all potatoes are submerged, and brine for 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the potatoes from brine and liberally coat with the remaining kosher salt, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a wire rack in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Do not puncture skin with tongs, fork, or tooth picks. Potatoes will be soft to the touch when done.
- Let potatoes rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- Combine sour cream and horseradish with salt and ground pepper and serve with potatoes.