A seriously great recipe from Guy Fieri. The salt seeps in thru the skin of the potatoes and gives the skin a great strong flavor. May be a bit salty for some folks, but very tasty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixing bowl dissolve 1 cup kosher salt in 8 cups of water. Add potatoes. Insure that all potatoes are submerged, and brine for 2 to 8 hours.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Remove the potatoes from brine and liberally coat with the remaining kosher salt, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- 4Place the potatoes on a wire rack in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Do not puncture skin with tongs, fork, or tooth picks. Potatoes will be soft to the touch when done.
- 5Let potatoes rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- 6Combine sour cream and horseradish with salt and ground pepper and serve with potatoes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bomb Baker Potatoes - Guy Fieri
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 23662.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: