Recipe by Lelandra
Banana Bread Pudding Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge http://allears.net/din/recipes/rec_bbp.htm
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 5 cups bread, cubed (Croissants, brioche, or challah bread, cubed or one whole loaf of Texas toast, cubed)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cut day-old croissant, brioche, challah, or Texas toast into cubes. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, combine milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and beaten eggs.
- 3. In a 9x9 square or round pan, place one layer of bread on bottom. Place bananas on top, followed by a layer of bread.
- 4. Pour custard mixture over the entire dish, filling it 2/3 to ¾ full. Press top bread layer into custard to prevent the bread from drying out. Add more custard if necessary.
- 5. Place butter chunks on top of bread pudding.
- 6. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- 7. Serve with vanilla sauce (recipe below).
- 1. Heat up milk, vanilla, heavy cream, and sugar.
- 2. Combine cornstarch with egg yolks.
- 3. Once liquid boils, temper some of the liquid into the yolks and stir vigorously. Then return tempered yolks into the pot.
- 4. Turn off the heat and stir continuously until well combined and thickened.
- 5. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set over an ice bath to cool.