Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I created this for a recipe contest. This recipe is tasty and fun for a family stay at home and watch movie night! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 ounces prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine Italian sausage and ground beef. Brown meat mixture in skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Add tomato sauce to meat mixture. Remove from heat.
- Brush sides and bottom of 13 x9 baking pan with olive oil. Unroll dough into pan, pressing into rectangular shape to form crust.
- Combine ricotta cheese and egg, and then spread mixture onto crust. Top with meat sauce and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes until top is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Absolutely fantastic!! Totally pleased my meat hungry man, lol. Only thing I did different was to use a thin crust and I baked it on a pizza stone. So much flavor from the sausage. I used Recipe #215908 by NcMysteryShopper for the pizza sauce. Loved it!! Thank you so much. Made for the Babes of ZWT4.