Recipe by seahorse73
Looked at a couple of recipes and improvised. Came out pretty good!! Hope you like it!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground veal
- 1⁄4 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, diluted in
- 10 tablespoons beef stock
- 1 cup milk
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pot, bring the cream up to a simmer and reduce by 1/3.
- About 6 T of cream should be remaining.
- In a sauce pot, render the pancetta over medium heat, about 8 minutes, or until almost all the fat is rendered.
- In a food processor, shred the carrot, celery and onion, stir into the pancetta mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the vegetables for about 3 minutes or until the vegetables are translucent.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meats.
- Season the meats with salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat and stir in the meat.
- Brown the meat for 5 minutes, or until the meat is medium brown in color.
- Stir in the wine and diluted tomato paste, reduce the heat to very low.
- Cook partially covered for 2 hours.
- From time to time stir ina tablespoon or so of the milk, by the end of the two hours the milk should be incorporated.
- Stir in the reduced cream.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.